practice-areas landing page banner image



If you already have a court order in place and the order has become unworkable or you no longer believe that the order is in your children’s best interest, you may be able to modify your current order. The burden of proof the court will require is that you show a material and substantial change in circumstances has occurred since the entry of your prior order. Examples may be when a parent moves, remarries, develops drug, alcohol or mental health issues or new issues arise with your children. If you have concerns about the other parent and the safety of your child in their care, it is imperative that you take action immediately. If you wait too long, the court can view your lack of action as lack of concern.

A party can modify a previous Child Support Order if there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances (such as one parent losing their job) or it has been 3 years since the last child support order and the amount that would be ordered differs by either 20% or $100 dollars. If there has been a change in circumstance where you are no longer able to make your monthly child support payment, it is important to file a Modification immediately because the court can only retroactively reduce your child support obligation back to the day you filed the modification lawsuit - not the date the change in circumstances occurred.


Phone icon

FORT WORTH - 817-409-1136

Phone icon

GRANBURY - 817-408-3541

Email icon


** We welcome your email, but please understand that if you are not already a client of Dally & Webb Family Law, PLLC, we cannot consult with or represent you until we confirm that doing so would not create a conflict of interest and is otherwise consistent with the policies of our firm. Accordingly, please do not include any confidential information until we verify that the firm is in a position to consult with or represent you. Prior to that time, there is no assurance that information you send us will be maintained as confidential. Submitting information does not create an attorney-client relationship and no representation occurs unless and until a contract for legal services is executed. Thank you for your consideration.